Ninini Point, East Kauai
This wood and concrete lighthouse was first established in 1906. The current structure, however, was erected in 1933. The tower stands 86-feet high (116-feet including the fresnel lens) and was automated in 1953. The lighthouse stands south of Lihu'e on Ninini Point and overlooks the beautiful Nawiliwili Bay. There is no full-time lightkeeper at the tower but occasionally a maintenance volunteer will allow visitors climb to the top.
Take Highway 50 toward Lihu'e. Turn right on Rice Street (where Highway 50 becomes Highway 56). Approximately 1 1/2 miles down Rice Street, turn left. This road leads past the Kiele and Lagoons Golf Courses. Park near Ninini Beach. Follow the trail past the 13th hole of Lagoons Course, past the beach and to Ninini Point.